About Me

My photo
Ima blondie, I like clean things, Orlando Bloom=LUV and...yesh.

Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Joys of Winter

Today I had a lovely sleepover with my dear friend. Coincidentally, today happened to be the first snowfall in ages. I am lucky enough to live close to a forest, and the trees looked absolutely stunners against the bright blue of the morning sky. I marvel at the glory of God- what must He be like, if this lowely Earth is so beautiful? My friend and I went on a walk in the forest. If you can call it a walk. I would more describe it as a scramble. :) We had a delightful time, sucking icicles and brushing snow off our noses. The joys of winter. I am so blessed.
Once we arrived back home to the warm fireplace and sweet hot chocolate, I taught this girl how to knit. We had a lovely time, chatting and knitting by the fireside, sipping piping-hot tea. Such grannys.
I am currantly knitting a shawl. It is made with the 'basketweave stitch' and is composed of several earthy colours, such as deep orange, green, brown, cream, and white. It is turning out swell, even though I suck at knitting! :)
Did you know my favourite movie is Avatar? I have seen it NINE times. :) And just saw it again last night. I enjoy fantasy books and movies immensely. Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Narnia, Avatar, The Secret World of Og, and Eragon are some of my favourites. When the weather is cold and the house is warm, I start thinking about books a bit more. I LOVE books. So much. I think they might just be the best thing ever. I am such a noob, knitting, reading, blogging, playing ameteur piano, card and board games, and...Facebook. I am a Facebook addict. Not good, I'm trying to rid myself of this unfortunate habit.

I should scoot, sups ready. :)

1 comment:

  1. I love you so much. It makes me happy to read about you being so happy. My little knitting, tea-drinking Granny baby. God bless and keep you. Mudds

    ReplyDelete